How to find us
Directions to Brindabella
Station from Canberra (60km)
From the North please
note: No fuel available after Canberra. We suggest that you
1. Proceed down Northbourne Avenue, over City Hill, across Commonwealth Bridge and along Commonwealth Avenue.
2. Follow your nose into and around Capital Circle. Three quarters of the way around you will come out onto Adelaide Avenue, although there are no signs to tell you so.
From the East and South (coast) come along Canberra Avenue to New Parliament House then turn left into Adelaide Avenue off Capital Circle or State Circle.
3. If required you can exit left to Shell Services station here at Deakin.
4. You will quite quickly go under a bridge (Kent Street). You must immediately get into the left lane and exit onto the Cotter Road.
5. You can get to Brindabella via the Cotter Road or turn off after a couple of miles and go via Uriarra. Consult your map. Assume you have decided to go via Cotter Road.
6. After approximately 18km you will come to a high level bridge (single lane with traffic lights). Cross this but be ready to exit onto Brindabella road within 600 metres.
7. Turn right onto Brindabella Road. Do not proceed into the Cotter. Do not proceed towards Tharwa.
8. Follow Brindabella Road (asphalt for another 20km approximately, gravel for approximately 20km).
Note: Be careful of kangaroos, particularly from Cotter. Brindabella road turn off until the end of the asphalt. The road from the top of the Mountain (Piccadilly Circus) is narrow and winding. Do not expect to exceed 20km per hour.
9. When you get into Brindabella Valley turn left up the Brindabella Valley Road (Do not cross the River although you will cross-Brindabella Creek).
10. Proceed up Brindabella Valley road for approximately 2.51km where you will see Brindabella Station sign and cross a grid. Another half a kilometre and there are another two Brindabella Station Signs (one after the other) and a Homestead with arrow signs. Proceed down to the Homestead.
Note: If you pass some large sheds to your left hand side near the road or cattle yards, you have gone too far.
Directions to Brindabella Station from Tumut (70km)
Note: No fuel after Tumut until Canberra i.e. at least 140km.
There is a Tourist Information Centre in Tumut on the Snowy Mountains Highway, however do not try to come to Brindabella via Lacmalac.
1. Turn left across the Tumut River, before Tumut town proper you may wish to proceed along the road that gives access to Canberra via Brindabella not via Wee Jasper (however it is a common road for the first few kilometres only).
2. The first small settlement you will come to is Bondo, a forestry village with no shops.
3. Follow your nose but do not turn left towards Wee Jasper.
4. Watch out for Kangaroos, Wallabies and Wombats. They can do a lot of damage.
5. When you get into Brindabella Valley (fairly steep decent in places over the last few kilometres) Cross the Goodradigbee River over a concrete bridge and proceed towards Canberra for only another 200metres. Then turn right (South) up Brindabella Valley Road.
6. Proceed along Brindabella Valley road for approximately 2.5km until you enter Brindabella Station (sign and grid).
7. Another half a kilometre and there is another two Brindabella Station Signs (one after the other) and a Homestead with arrow signs. Proceed down to the Homestead.
Note: If you pass some large sheds on your left hand side near the road or cattle yards, you have gone too far.
Allow 90 minutes for travel as a substantial portion is gravel road. Also note that logging trucks use this road.
|Return To Home Page|